Since 2003, Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation has awarded $4.2 million in grants. Our mission is simple: improve and enrich the lives of our neighbors in the communities our bank serves: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Concord, Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Medford, Newton, Somerville, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Woburn, and the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton. The majority of grants funded are in the $1,000 to $5,000 range.
|TYPE OF GRANT||DESCRIPTIONS|
|Human Services||For organizations that provide basic necessities, including heath care, food, shelter, job training, financial education, small business support and first-time home buyer assistance.|
For programs that preserve low-to-moderate income housing units and projects that create affordable housing.
|Community Development||We collaborate with groups that support economic development, create jobs and revitalize our community to attract new businesses to the area.|
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or have a tax exempt status
- Must serve our area communities: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Medford, Newton, Somerville, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Woburn or the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton
- Must directly benefit the community
- The request must be program/project specific
- Only one grant will be made to any one organization each year
- Completed Application
- Cover letter addressed to Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation signed by your organization’s Executive Director or President of Board of Directors
- A copy of your proposal including:
- Your organization’s mission
- Your organization’s history, major programs, organizational structure and staffing
- The purpose of your request, including target population and community needs, goals to be achieved, and timetable to accomplish the goals
- How your program will support low to moderate income individuals
- How success of this project will be evaluated
- Program budget (including salaries)
- Expenses covered by this request and other funding sources
- Operating budget
- Latest financial statement:
- List your Board of Directors
- Copy of your IRS 501 © (3) determination letter or tax exempt status
To apply for a grant, please email a complete application packet, as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com
The Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation Board meets on a quarterly basis and submission deadlines are December 31st, February 28th, May 31st and August 31st.
Funding requests will not be considered from:
- Other foundations
- Secondary education scholarship funding
- Operating funds or annual appeals
- Relatively new entities or initiatives
- Requests that benefit/support a single individual or family/families
- Organizations or events which are not open to members of the general public
- Political, advocacy, governmental, fraternal, labor groups
- Religious organizations, unless the program supports, and is open to, the community
- Trips and tours by groups or individuals, or traveling teams, including transportation costs
- Organizations with the primary purpose of raising funds to distribute to other organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, gender identification, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability or other characteristic protected by law.
*The Foundation reserves the right to reject any application for any reason and to make exceptions.